Here’s what I’ve been up to lately in writing:
1. I signed up for an online poetry class. When I won the YA Discovery Contest, Gotham Writing Workshop offered me a free class, but I was too busy to sign up until now.
2. Someone hacked into my writing website. Since my husband originally set the site up for me, the hacker was able to access his e-mail account through it. The saying, no good deed goes unrewarded, certainly seems true in this case. His e-mail ended up running on auto-pilot for most of the weekend, spamming his contacts with the following message:
I never knew I could be own boss until I tried it.
Who was the first person it went to? You guessed it, his boss.
3. I have started reading a new writing book. It’s called Writing the Fire! Yoga and the Art of Making Your Words Come Alive. A blogging friend of mine recommended it, and it’s wonderful! You guys always have the best book suggestions!
4. I took the kids to see Jan Brett read at Wegmans. Yes, the supermarket! It seemed like an odd venue to me, but Wegmans did a good job with it, setting it up in the seasonal aisle and sectioning the kids off so they could see.
5. I have begun my Christmas shopping. Books for everyone! Hooray!
Have a great weekend everyone!