It’s Friday, and the folks over at Paper Hangover want to know: What are Your Five Favorite Contemporary YA Novels? Here are mine:
1. Chime by Franny Billingsley
This one is not technically contemporary, but I love this book so much I feel like I have to mention it.
2. Sky Bridge by Laura Pritchett
A touching, beautifully written book about a girl who agrees to raise her sister’s child.
3. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
This story of a Native American teen is probably my all time favorite YA book.
4. Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
An unforgettable novel about a teenage girl involved with the wrong boy.
5. What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell
Again, not technically contemporary, but I already broke the rule, so why not?
How about you? What are your favorites?